I have a giveaway for you guys! Thanks to Comet the Science Fiction Television Network
Happy New Year! Like I talked about in my Basic Winter Break Look I’ve been hard at work fixing up my blog. The biggest project has been switching over from Hanna Marie Lei http://www.hannamarielei.com to Like Hanna http://www.likehanna.com and changing from Blogger to WordPress. While I’m extremely happy with my new URL I’m not quite sure about my switch to WordPress. There are a few really cool things about it, but I still have a lot to learn. So far I’ve switched over all my links, updated my pages, and found a layout that I love. I do still have work to do though, especially with my sidebar which is looking extremely barren.
You can see the full post on my new blog LikeHanna.com
You can see the full post on my new blog LikeHanna.com
It's officially that time of year, the holiday season. Although I'm not done with school yet, I'm totally feeling into the season. One of my favorite holiday traditions is making (and of course eating) baked goods! As the weather gets colder it becomes even more fun to stay inside and cook and bake. One of my first recipes of this holiday season is something new and I had to share it, Baked Custard.
I wanted to make this recipe a little different than your transitional baked custard so I added in a few crunchy things, like dates, and Post Grape Nuts® that made it even better. In addition to sponsoring this post they've also done a partnership with Sing® the movie, which reminds me of another great holiday tradition in my family, going to the movies. But about that recipe.
1 1/2 cups Grape-Nuts
1/2 Stick Butter
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Dates
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Melt butter and coconut oil and mix with the grape-nuts. Beat eggs, sugar, and milk until they're well blended. Then add the cereal mix in and blend well, adding in the rest of the materials as you go. Then pour the whole mixture into into a one quart baking dish, and place this dish in a larger baking dish. Fill the second dish half way with water. This might be a little confusing if you haven't made baked custard before so I've put a picture below, to show you.
And now for something a little fun! There's actually a SING© Movie Sweepstakes where you can win a $100,000 grand prize as well as over 200 instant win prizes. So what are you waiting for go ENTER
Oh and some legal information I was asked to add about the giveaway although its (obviously) not hosted by me.
*giveaway at bottom of postIt's almost the end of November, and after surviving Black Friday (not quite ready for Cyber Monday yet) as I hope you did I figured it was a great time to share an unboxing! I absolutely love the idea of subscription boxes and getting a surprise in the mail each month can be a great pick me up, for a hectic time. Actually that seems to be the only times I'm having lately, so when the November Must Have Box from Popsugar came in (you can see my September Unboxing) I really needed it! Below I have a picture of all the stuff in the box, and above my happy face upon receiving it! Of course since it was after class, you'll have to excuse how I look.
While I liked last month's box, I was blown away by what they put in this November POPSUGAR Must Have Box. Each of the products is something that I was so happy to have, and a few are things I didn't even know I wanted but would totally buy full price to get now that I've seen them. Individual boxes are $39 each and if you order 3 or 6 months at a time you get a pretty good discount. Each month you're guaranteed at least $100 worth of products, and from getting to try out two months of boxes, I can say they're for sure things you'll use yourself, and for sure be able to gift to your friends.
- 1. Nest Wire Bowl (retail $35) - While I'm not someone who currently has their own home, I can say that I was immediately impressed by this bowl. It's perfect for a catch all, or if you're more domestic as a display for a table. The bowl is light weight and very elegant.
- 2. Table Runner (retail $44) - I'm not sure that I'd pay anywhere near $50 for a table runner, but if I were to, it'd be for this chambray runner wine from PEHR. The colors are gorgeous and the fringe on the ends is so much fun.
- 3. Toffee Butter Popcorn (retail $2.99) - The immediate gratification of this box is this toffee butter popcorn. While it isn't an expensive snake this Oogie's product sure is good.
- 4. Star Party Picks (Retail $8) - I'd never thought of decorative sticks for parties, maybe because I'm a college student, but these are so cute! They're cute without being overdone.
- 5. Kendra Scott Bracelet (retail $50) - I'm probably one of the few bloggers around that doesn't have anything by Kendra Scott, but I know all about the brand's jewelry and have been lusting over a few pieces. This sliding closure bracelet (meaning it'll fit a variety of wrists) is so gorgeous. If just this piece was in this month's POPSUGAR Must Have Box, I'd be happy.
- 6. Stowaway Eyeshadow Palette (retail $25) - Previously I'd heard about Stowaway, a brand that makes miniature sized makeup, and had wanted to try them. This month's box gave me that chance.
You can get your own #MustHaveBox go HERE be sure to use SHOP5 for $5 your first box.
A big thanks to POPSUGAR for sending me this month's box to try out!
And now time for the giveaway!