Lately school has been going suspiciously well. By now I'm usually frantically worrying about my grades but right now they're all great. Hopefully it'll stay that way. But it did get me thinking about what are my technology necessities at University as a college student. I put together a list of the things I can't do without, which I think is pretty universal for on campus or commuter students.
- Laptop - My first semester, although I had a laptop I didn't bring it to class. Since then my campus has made a switch to online submission and as someone who hates the library I often have my computer out. I'd say I use it at least a few times a week in class.
- Headphones - It's common courteous to use headphones when watching a video and if you have a roommate or want watch lectures / any other less studious videos somewhere other than your room.
- Desktop Computer - In addition to having a laptop computer, I also like having a desktop. I prefer using it for printing out things, and writing big papers. Even more than that though it's become a television replacement for me.
- Xbox - Even though college is for studying, playing video games is a great stress relief. So of course I added the Xbox one to this list. You can easily hook it up to either your laptop or desktop.
- Phone - As you can tell by this wish list sort of guide I love apple products. I personally like how they all go together, and how they support each other, so it shouldn't be a surprise that picked an iPhone to go along. They have great cameras wifi texting (to other apple products) and are all around work horses. Plus you can play fun games like Care Bears Belly Match.
- Flashdrives - Partner work and presentations are both quite annoying but happen very often in university classes. Of course the perfect way to share what you've been working on is with a flash drive even with the things like drop box. I found these toast ones to be perfect.