Internships are one of those things that you pretty much have to do as a part of your college learning experience. Although I have done internships, I haven't given out all that much advice (other than to readers who've emailed me directly) except that you shouldn't work for free. To help amend that I decided to put together what I consider the perfect internship job interview outfit, specially with office work in mind. It's feminine and young, but still conservative and demure without being boring.
- Ruffled Top - This top is now sold out, but is a good guide for the sort of things you should be looking for. It's a trendy color, blush to be exact, high cut and has the trendy zipper in the back. Depending on your skin color, because you don't want to look naked, you could go darker or lighter on the color.
- Skirt - I normally HATE skirts that are this long but for a job interview, its very easy to go to short. You're going to be sitting, standing then sitting again, and maybe even walking around so it's better safe than sorry. Plus this long black pencil skirt looks uber professional.
- Nail Polish - Now I know this is something that a few of you are going to disagree with me on, but a bright wild nail color (that of course matches your outfit) is the way to go. You're an intern, while you need to be professional at work, you should show that you are creative and fun.
- Bag - Brief cases are one of those things that just depend on what you're doing. If you don't have to bring anything but yourself then skip it, but if you need to show your portfolio, school records etc then go for a simple black briefcase. Please leave your backpack behind.
- Shoes - I'm all about the high heels, which you can see in outfit posts from How to Dress Like a Lady Boss to a summer date outfit but for a job interview you might want to leave them behind. It's likely you'll have to go on a tour of the place (if they like you) which can be difficult in 6 in heels.