The cold has been here about two weeks, and I'm already over it, so I decided I could put a twist on my basic winter school outfit, and add a little spring inspiration to it. Of course since there is snow on the ground it's a little harder to rock the floral look, so I went with a rose inspired look. This outfit is a school style dressy look that's still cozy and comfy that incorporates the color scheme of a rose in darker shades since it is winter.
- Backpack - Of course there has to be one floral piece so I went with this uber cute rose print backpack that although busy from the print is otherwise quite plain. I liked that the colors are less vibrant and more dusty.
- Shoes - Brown for the dirt it's planted in. I'm a big fan of heels, especially for school so that I can be eye level with all the boys, but in the winter they can be a pain to wear. These brown booties though are easy to walk in thanks to the fact that they are not only platform, but have a chunky heel and are lace up.
- Hat - Green for the leaves and stem. Thanks to my blonde roots (totally worth it for the Brocato shoot) I've been wearing a lot of beanies. This green knit one is not only cute, in a hipster sort of way, but it's warm too.
- Sweater - Red for the rose petals. Sweaters are my winter go to, which I think is pretty common. The looser the better, and if they're a cable knit, then I'm in love. Since it is winter I went with a deeper red, than I normally would for an outfit inspired by a flower.
- Jeans - Whenever I have a more feminine or put together outfit, I like to wear denim that's on the rough side. So I went with this destroy pair, and because there's a both chunky shoes and a chunky sweater they're super skinny. The blue doesn't really have a thing but I guess it can be for water that those rose bush would drink...