What to Wear to a Theme Park
Its that time of year. School is out the weather is warm and the parks are open. Since I'm going to an Amusement park tomorrow I decided that I could do an outfit guide of what to wear because although you really can wear anything it isn't exactly the best idea. Something that I didn't add in anything about if it rains (which is supposed to happen when I go) but you can always take a look at my What to Wear in the Rain guide if this is going to happen to you. A lot of my outfit planning is more of based on activities like rides, and the walking around that is necessary than being high fashion.
- Unisex Denim Shoes, American Apparel - $32 I really do love high heel shoes, but theme parks really aren't the place to wear them. There is a lot of walking and climbing steps on the way to different rides which makes for a ton of blisters if you wear the wrong shoes. Another thing is that you don't want to wear an expensive pair of shoes because there tends to be a lot of dropped food. That's why I picked a pair of inexpensive tennis shoes, and actually I used a similar pair in my How to Dress like a Hipster Guide.
- Cropped jeans, Adriano Goldschmied - $178 Even if its hot out shorts really aren't the best idea because of all the roller coasters. There are only a few things more unpleasant than getting your legs stuck to a seat and that's magnified by the fact that hundreds of people have had their legs against it as well. Cropped jeans or capris, are really a better alternative to jeans too because you won't be so hot. If you're curious about other ways to wear capris I've done a whole post on how to wear cropped jeans.
- Loose Tank, Rebecca Taylor - $58 On an everyday basis I prefer tight fitting clothing but when its hot outside, it really is better to wear something loose fitting. You can either wear another tank underneath this one or not because its pretty thick. One thing to watch out for is not to get too dark of colors.
- Leather Crossbody, Betty Azzuro - $260 There are three things that I really love about this bag, color, style and material. Leather is the best thing for taking a lot of wear and tear, the exact thing that happens at a theme park. The color is so bright and girly that it helps to make up for the fact that you're dressing for comfort. Lastly the best thing is that this is a cross body because they are by far the easiest bag to carry around without the risk of loosing it.
- Sunglasses, Gucci - $550 Sun really isn't the best thing for eyes so you'll need some type of protection for going out in it. This can be either a hat or sunglasses, and since hats tend to get lost on roller coasters I went for the sunglasses.